the right baby seat
You know all the rules of how to best transport your baby? And what to do when he grows up? Here you will find a mini guide to the correct use of all the tools to transport your child in complete safety, in compliance with the regulations established by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport: homologation of the car seat, proper use according to weight and age.
RULES AND TRAVEL TIPS
For complete safety, always follow the Official Regulation for transporting children in cars. The use of restraining devices is mandatory from birth until they reach 36 kg in weight.
In Italy, for offenders there is a loss of 5 points on your license and a fine between 68.00 to 275 EUR.
- Up to 9 Kg children must be transported in the opposite direction of the march of the car and the back seat.
- After 10 Kg you can begin to adjust the seat according to the direction you are traveling.
- Children older than three years may occupy a front seat only if their height exceeds 1.50 m.
- Children with height not greater than 1.50 m must travel in child seats. They do not have to be restrained by a child restraint system, provided they do not occupy a front seat and are accompanied by at least one passenger aged not less than sixteen years old.
- Children may not be transported using a child seat placed in the front seat if the car is equipped with front air bag, unless it can be disabled. The most suitable place is the rear seat, at the center, which also protects against side impact.
- The backrest of the child seat must be well placed in the car seat and seat beltsmust always be connected, even for short journeys.
WHICH SEAT ?
SThere are five groups of child safety seats according to world standards , to be chosen according to the weight and age of the child.
These seats must always be mounted in the opposite direction compared to the direction of travel of the car and installed on a seat in which the airbag is not present (or is off ).
- “Group 0-”: you can use up to about 9 months or 10 kg in weight, and allows children to travel lying down;
- “Group 0+”: up to 12 months or 13 kg.
These child seats must be mounted on the rear seats in the same travel direction.
- “Group 1”: from 8 months. It can be used up to 4 years of age or 18 kg in weight. Should preferably be mounted on the rear seat and according to the direction of travel. The seats of this Group have incorporated that belts must always be fastened.
- "Group 2”: from 3 to 6 years or up to a weight of 25 kg
- "Group 3”: Suitable from 5 to 12 years or up to 36 kg . It has a height-adjustable backrest with integrated headrest and allows you to adjust the seat belt over the child's shoulder.